February 12, 2023:
New Release: PortRemoter v2.0 for Windows and Linux
We are pleased to announce the availability of PortRemoter v2.0 for Windows and Linux.
PortRemoter is a software-based TCP/IP port forwarder and network monitoring service. The software accepts connections on a particular TCP port, and establishes connections to a different TCP port to fulfill requests. Administrative web interface allows the monitoring of connection and data transfer statistics.
Some of the new PortRemoter 2.0 features include:
- Added support for HTTPS to the build-in Administrator web server.
- Added the "Max Connections per IP Address" property to limit the number of allowable active connections for a single IP address.
- Added support for load balancing distributes the processing over a set of servers.
- Added support for virtual hosting that allows a single server port to host multiple domains.
- Added the ability to control the number of worker threads used to transfer data.
- Changed the PortRemoter service so it runs as "Local Service" (Windows).
- Added the optional capability to integrate with systemd (Linux).
- Added a collection of new features when two or more instances of PortRemoter communicate with each other:
- Server-side ports can be shared to reach a collection of destination servers.
- Shared server-side ports can automatically match the product features of the client.
- Classic Deflate (ZIP), fast LZ4 or tunable Zstandard data compression can reduce data transfer sizes.
- Advanced Encryption Standard (AES), ChaCha20/Poly1305 or XChaCha20/Poly1305 encryption for safe communication.
- Data transfers can be verified correct with a cryptographic hash function.
- Additional logging for invalid data received during paired mode operations.
- Additional product statistics provide metrics on the paired mode operations.
- Added the new Application Settings that allows the customization of various global application options.
- Added the new Storage Locations page that helps locate where all application settings and logs files are stored.
A free trial download of either product is available for all users.