April 30, 2023:
New Platform: PortRemoter v2.0 for macOS
We are pleased to announce the availability of PortRemoter v2.0 for macOS.
PortRemoter is a software-based TCP/IP port forwarder and network monitoring service. The software accepts connections on a particular TCP port, and establishes connections to a different TCP port to fulfill requests. Administrative web interface allows the monitoring of connection and data transfer statistics.
PortRemoter for macOS supports many features and abilities. These are some of them:
- Native macOS application written in C/C++.
- High-performance, scalable, multi-threaded design.
- Utilizes the macOS kqueue I/O event notification facility.
- Run as a 64-bit standalone macOS daemon or integrates with launchd.
- Built-in HTTP/HTTPS server, allows for web-based administration of the software.
- Ability to limit the number of active connections in total or per IP address.
- Load balancing distributes the processing over a set of servers.
- Virtual hosting allows a single server port to host multiple domains.
- Ability to control the number of worker threads used to transfer data.
- Command Line can be used to manage the administrative interface.
- Supports a collection of customizable TCP/IP port forwarders.
- Access control lists indicate which IP addresses are permitted to connect.
- Connection logs allow connection history to be saved to files.
- Session statistics maintain transfer information since the process was started.
- Active connections viewable from the session statistics table.
- Historical statistics maintain transfer information since the product was installed.
- Log file keeps track of changes and reports error conditions.
- When two or more instances of PortRemoter communicate with each other, additional features are available:
- Server-side ports can be shared to reach a collection of destination servers.
- Shared server-side ports can automatically match the product features of the client.
- Classic Deflate (ZIP), fast LZ4 or tunable Zstandard data compression methods supported.
- Advanced Encryption Standard (AES), ChaCha20/Poly1305 or XChaCha20/Poly1305 encryption for safe communication.
- Data transfers can be verified correct with a cryptographic hash function.
- Additional logging for invalid data received during paired mode operations.
- Additional product statistics provide metrics on the paired mode operations.
A free trial download of this product is available for all users.